Few foods are as quintessentially American as the cheeseburger. With its juicy beef patty, melted cheese, and classic toppings like lettuce, tomato, and onion, the cheeseburger is a beloved staple of backyard barbecues, fast-food restaurants, and diners across the country.
In this post, we’re sharing a recipe for a classic cheeseburger that you can easily make at home. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or a crowd-pleasing option for your next cookout, this recipe is sure to hit the spot. So fire up the grill and get ready to sink your teeth into a delicious, homemade cheeseburger
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices of American cheese
- Preheat your grill or a grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Divide the ground beef into four equal portions and shape them into patties. Season both sides of each patty with salt and pepper.
- Place the patties on the grill and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until they reach your desired level of doneness.
- While the patties are cooking, slice the tomato and onion and wash and dry the lettuce.
- When the patties are almost done cooking, place a slice of cheese on top of each one and allow it to melt.
- Toast the hamburger buns on the grill for about 1-2 minutes, or until they are lightly browned.
- To assemble the burgers, place a patty with melted cheese on the bottom half of each bun. Top with lettuce, tomato, and onion, and add ketchup and mustard to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
We hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe for a classic cheeseburger as much as we have. With its juicy patty, melted cheese, and classic toppings, this burger is a crowd-pleaser that’s perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a summer barbecue or just looking for a delicious weeknight dinner,
this recipe is sure to satisfy. So fire up the grill and give it a try – we promise, you won’t be disappointed! Don’t forget to share your experience with us and stay tuned for more delicious recipes and food-related content